Tuesday 15 February 2011

Eat, Pray and......... Kick Ass!

As you know, I'm an unorthodox  practitioner. I believe that it's my duty to challenge the established way of thinking, moreover the traditional thinking of my esteemed colleagues.

 A balanced diet is of primary importance. You are what you eat....and when I see some of my patients....I can immediately tell the Spare Ribs, the Neapolitan Pizzas, the Big Macs right through to the Chicken Tikka Masalas. In the waiting room of my surgery, I see a vast array of convenience food all wrapped up in human packaging. It's sad to see the poor souls who are hopelessly addicted to anything unhealthy. In sharp contrast, I'm happy to report that I have many healthy patients who know that their body is a temple and treat it with due respect.

I'm a medic who unashamedly prescribes a mild dose of religion as a means of healing broken souls.
It's good to pray.....but be careful with your prayers...since they rarely go unanswered. Do not ask for more things but wisdom to know how to manage and enjoy the things you already have. Once you have learnt this then more will come into your life.

Eating (healthily) and praying (mindfully) should help greatly in furthering your spiritual ambitions but there is something else. I know that good people are de-railed by the less enlightened. These are friendly souls who have come to put resistance in your path. Tolerance in the face of adversity is a great virtue but it sometimes misses the mark. There are those who are so hardened as to see kindness as a weakness. In such cases, I recommend that you administer a swift ass kick which will ensure that the message is received...loud and clear. Honest and spontaneous action (on the butt) speaks a thousand words.

Holistically yours,

Dr D

No comments:

Post a Comment